We have an exciting new opportunity now available to work with a well respected national Property & Casualty Insurance Company. This organization has an excellent reputation and track record.
Responsibilities include achieving loss prevention operational objectives by contributing loss prevention information and analysis to functional strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; determining loss prevention system improvements; implementing change; and directing loss prevention information development and training programs.
Our client's commercial portfolio of accounts consists of traditional, middle market and national accounts. Business segments include: contractors, manufacturing, real estate management, service industries, retailers, etc. We are seeking a Loss Control Consultant with responsibilities mainly in Ohio. We are seeking individuals with multi-line commercial experience to complete loss control surveys and provide ongoing consulting service to a portfolio of accounts. Additional required experience includes:
*Strong experience with property assessments and sprinkler analysis
*Experience with construction accounts
Strong project management skills are required to develop and enhance loss control policies, practices and new products to support business partners. Strong relationship, marketing and consulting skills required to interact with underwriting, agents, members, managers, third parties and team members.
Job Description Summary
The Loss Control Consultant contributes to the overall success of our customers’ businesses operationally and financially. If you thrive in an environment where you can apply your expertise and experience to help business partners succeed, this could be the job for you!
As a Loss Control Consultant, you’ll provide services to a large portfolio of complex accounts in multiple lines of business, influencing profitability, retention and creating a valued customer experience within a collaborative environment. You will determine effective controls, make improvement recommendations and differentiate classes of business. You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference for customers and company as you build and grow internal and external relationships, while continually growing your skills and expertise.
• Provides services to influence profitability and retention. Creates and recommends service objectives based upon customer goals, risk assessment results and loss analysis.
• Meets with customers to identify hazards and exposures by conducting complex risk assessments to determine the effectiveness of controls and identify technically sound recommendations for risk improvement. Assigns an appropriate line of business rating based on professional judgment and company guidance.
• Researches customer’s operations, industry and technical information to prepare for site surveys, service work, meetings, presentations and projects.
• Applies the highest-level technical expertise to help lead as a subject matter expert for at least one line of business or practice.
• Builds and maintains strong relationships customers and business partners. Functions as an ongoing resource and contact person with a high level of expertise.
• Consults with customers, providing observations, solutions and support to meet business needs. Creates and recommends service objectives based on customer goal assessments and loss analysis. Identifies service opportunities based on loss trends and other data.
• Communicates technical information effectively both verbally and in writing through preparation of technical reports in a state-of-the-art workflow environment.
• Interacts with internal and external customers, leadership, peers and subject matter experts in a collaborative environment to gather and share information that helps our customers succeed.
• Creates, presents and coordinates technical training and publications for internal and external customers.
• Actively participates in career development activities and training.
May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experiences:
Education: Bachelor's degree in safety, science, engineering, fire protection or construction management preferred.
License/Certification/Designation: A minimum of one of the following designations, such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Director of Safety (CDS) or Associate of Risk Management (ARM) and others. Associates must acquire all required state certifications.
Experience: Typically, five or more years of commercial loss control or related experience preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: General knowledge of safety and risk management practices and principles, including regulatory (Occupational Safety and Health Administration [OSHA], Department of Transportation [DOT], etc.) and national consensus standards (NFPA, etc.) preferred. Complete understanding of the commercial insurance business process, the ability to market services and influence others of a course of action. Good verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of internal and external contacts. Must possess a desire to learn, grow and develop skills. Ability to prioritize work and time.
Outstanding compensation package, company car, bonus, and much more.
Send your resume today to;